Case Management is a growing health care profession, with a presence in every health delivery setting. Professionals moving to case management positions may or may not have access to adequate orientation and training. They often ‘learn on the job’ and are not exposed to knowledge and skills that advance the practice of case management.
CMSA is filling this gap with an in-person CM Bootcamp offering for case managers looking to build their skills and experience. The term ‘boot camp’ originated from the military’s requirement for intensive, short-term training. CMSA’s boot camp will provide an immersive and focused opportunity to grow and enhance the novice case manager’s skills through a three-part structure. If you have been a case manager for five years or less, are looking to change your area of practice, or advance your professional growth, this course is for you!
Here’s a road map of the CMSA CM Boot Camp journey:
Your Professional Footprint: Here, participants will learn what professionalism entails and how the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics of case management defines the work. Deep dives into client/patient interactions, communication styles and motivational interviewing allow participants to practice using real-life situations and use the support of the class to learn and hone their skills.
Regulations and Legislation: Next, case managers will dig in to the regulatory and legislative mandates that affect the work of case management. Key focus areas include the CARES ACT, regulatory bodies, methods for reimbursement, workers’ compensation case management, and key understanding of VA, military, and DoD approaches.
Case Management Process and Practice: The program finishes with a complete walk through of the case management process, identifying and practicing areas of key importance such as adherence, interdisciplinary roles, transition of care plans, and more. Here, learners will be exposed to new and emerging trends and enhance their experience through comprehensive case studies and activities.
A participant’s guide will be available to support learning and retention and each cohort will become another avenue for mentorship and resources to further expand the learning well beyond the program.
CMSA is committed to elevating the professional practice of case management, supporting case managers for success, and encouraging professionals to consider case management as their profession. The CMSA CM Boot Camp experience will help deliver on all three.
- Describe ethical practices expected of all case managers.
- Identify the various forms of health care reimbursement and requirements for coordination of benefits.
- Differentiate the various levels of care and reimbursement for those who currently or who have served in the military.
- List the multiple practice settings available for case managers and distinguish the skill sets required for those settings.
- Summarize the techniques required for impactful and effective communication with patients and interdisciplinary partners.
- Analyze the case management process for practice improvement.
This course consists of both self-study and in-person training.
March 10 - 12, 2023, Brentwood, TN
CE Credits - pending approval
19.5 CE's for CCM, RN, SW
Space is limited.
Registration Deadline: February 27, 2023
CMSA Boot Camp will be held at the CMSA/PMG offices: 5034A Thoroughbred Lane Brentwood, TN
The following hotels are located nearby:
- Marriott Nashville Bentwood; 103 East Park Dr. Brentwood, TN 37027 (Across the street from CMSA/PMG); Phone: 844-631-0595.
- AC Hotel Brentwood; 5007 Maryland Way Brentwood, TN 37027 (.36 miles from CMSA/PMG); Phone: 615-370-9865.
No room blocks or reduced rates available.