CMSA Boot Camp
Nashville, TN -- November 4-5, 2022
Case management is a growing health care profession, with a presence in every health delivery setting. Professionals moving to case management positions may or may not have access to adequate orientation and training. They often ‘learn on the job’ and are not exposed to knowledge and skills that advance the practice of case management.
CMSA is filling this gap with a boot camp offering for case managers looking to advance their skills and practice. If you have been a case manager for five years or less, are looking to change your area of practice, or advance professional growth, this course is for you!
Boot camp will not be hours of PowerPoint slides and lectures, but interactive exercises, activities, and case studies that will provide real-life scenarios and practical application. You will leave this course prepared to take on new challenges.
- Describe the attributes and qualities that define a professional.
- Categorize the various reimbursement and benefit structures application to specific populations.
- Role-play and demonstrate advanced case management practices to better engage clients in self-management.
This course consists of both self-study and in-person training.
November 4 & 5, 2022, Brentwood, TN
CE Credits - pending approval
19.5 CE's for CCM, RN, SW
Space is limited.
Registration Deadline: October 20, 2022
CMSA Boot Camp will be held at the CMSA/PMG offices: 5034A Thoroughbred Lane Brentwood, TN
The following hotels are located nearby:
- Marriott Nashville Bentwood; 103 East Park Dr. Brentwood, TN 37027 (Across the street from CMSA/PMG); Phone: 844-631-0595.
- AC Hotel Brentwood; 5007 Maryland Way Brentwood, TN 37027 (.36 miles from CMSA/PMG); Phone: 615-370-9865.
No room blocks or reduced rates available.
Fall 2022 ICM Training
Take advantage of the special Case Manager Appreciation rate for this Fall class.
Integrated Case Management Training Program
CMSA's ICM program provides multiple strategies to engage clients, stratify risk, and develop care plans to mitigate risk and help clients achieve improved health and well-being. Our training includes review of "CMSA's Integrated Case Management Manual: For Case Managers by Case Managers," online learning sessions, self-study activities to prepare for Face to Face Training, and interactive practical application in a classroom setting.
- ICM manual study
- Post manual exam
- Online training sessions
- Face to face training
- Nursing, Social Work and CCM CE’s: 30 hours at completion of the program
- Certificate of Completion in Integrated Case Management when all program elements are met
- Face-to-Face training: presented virtually November 15 - 17, 2022 / 12:00p - 4:00p Central each day.
- Participants must have pre-registered and completed self-study/online training prerequisites before attending (3-4 weeks to complete)
- Members save 25%: $750
- Non-members save 10%: $1,035
- Group rates available for groups of 10 or more
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 15
A scholarship opportunity is available through the CMSA Foundation.
Applications are due by September 30. Visit www.cmsafoundation.org/icm for more information.
Integrated Case Management Manual: A Manual for Case Managers by Case Managers
Editors: Kathleen Fraser MSN, MHA, RN-BC, CCM, CRRN
Rebecca Perez RN, BSN, CCM
Corine Latour PhD, RN
CMSA's Integrated Case Management delves into the role of the case manager and unpacks how case managers assess and treat complex patients. These are patients who may be challenged with medical and behavioral conditions, access to care services, as well as chronic illnesses and disabilities, and require multidisciplinary care to regain health and function. With a wealth of information on regulatory requirements, new models of care, integration of services, digital and telemedicine, and new performance measures that are clearly defined for nurses in nursing terminology, chapters outline the steps needed to begin, implement, and use the interventions of the Integrated Case Management approach.
- Aligns with the newly revised 2017 Model Care Act, the CMSA Standards of Practice 2016, and the CMSA Core Curriculum for Case Management, Third Edition.
- Helps readers enhance their ability to work with complex patients and learn how to apply new evidence-based assessments, as it fosters safe and high quality care.
- Teaches case managers to evaluate patients for medical and mental health barriers in order to coordinate appropriate integrated interventions and treatment planning.
- Tool integrates biological, psychological, social and health system assessment.
- Supports the adult, elderly and pediatric complex patient population.
ICM Manual Pricing:
$75 with a 20% discount for all CMSA members.