- CMSA Legislative Backgrounder: This two page overview is a good primer for a basic understanding of case management and CMSA.
- Draft points to Legislators: This one page document discusses how case management positively impacts many of the major challenges facing health care today.
- Advocacy & Grassroots Resource Guide This document provides a background on the Public Policy Committee and its outreach efforts, as well as an overview of the advocacy and legislative process, and offers tips on getting started.
- Grassroots Action Handbook: This document, designed to help CMSA members better understand how to advocate for the profession, provides background on CMSA, case management and the critical issues impact the profession today.
- CMSA Position Statement on Multistate Nursing Licensure: CMSA is frequently asked by its members how they should approach licensure in compliance with state nurse licensure laws when conducting case management outside their state of residence and licensure. The purpose of this paper is to clarify CMSA’s position as it applies to the issue of multistate nurse licensure.
- CMSA Template Letter to Legislators Regarding CMSA's Model Act: Use CMSA's sample letter to share your voice that with those who will be working on bills and regulatory statutes that effect us and our patients through health care change and reform.
- CMSA Template Letter to Newly Elected Legislators: Use CMSA's sample letter to begin building a relationship with your newly elected legislators.